MMC Scholarship Policy (May, 2021)
The New MMC Academic Scholarships in MMC are awarded to students based on academic performance and other conditions. Academic performance for new students will be assessed based on information provided through the MMC admission applications (official test scores and high school transcript information). These scholarships aim to produce leaders in medicine by minimizing the financial burden that students face and maximizing the focus of students to medical education. The scholarships also produce competition among students that will make MMC center of excellence in medical education. This new scholarship policy will be applied starting from January 1, 2021.
Types and number of scholarships
- MMC Honors Scholarship
- Korean War Veterans Scholarship
- MCM Staff Scholarship
Extent of Scholarships
- Full scholarship: includes full tuition, clinical attachment, dormitory and meals cost. Costs subject to adjustment at any time
- Tuition scholarship: covers tuition and clinical attachment cost
- Dormitory scholarship: covers dormitory cost
- Meal scholarship: covers meal cost
- The combination of either of the previous scholarship types are also possible Qualifications and Requirements for Scholarships
MMC Honor Scholarship
- Students based on high academic performance.
- Students who are in the top 10% (Top 4 or 5 rank, based on the availability of funds) will be selected at the end of each module.
- It depends on the competition among students.
- The scholarship students will vary from module to module
Korean War Veterans Scholarship
- Students who are descendants of Korean War Veteran
- Presentation of Korean War Veterans Association membership ID is required.
- Renewable for every module based on academic performance (≥ B, 3.00).
MCM Staff Scholarship
- Age 30 years or under
- Worked at least 3 years at MCM
- University degree with a CGPA of at least 3.4
- Recommendation of MCM leadership
- Renewable for every module based on academic performance (≥B, 3.00)
- Maintenance of scholarship
All scholarship recipients must fulfill four responsibilities:
- Voluntary involvement at all school activities
- The scholarship students must serve the MMC by involving in different facilities for five hours per week. The facilities include the library, website update, dormitory, laboratory assistant, facility maintenance.
- The students must fulfill the required module and cumulative GPA.
- If the students do not meet all these responsibilities, the scholarship for next module will be canceled and the students will be obliged to pay the necessary costs.
- If the students are unable to pay for the module, they will be enforced to take a break for 1 year and come back if the financial the requirement is fulfilled.
Scholarship selection process
All scholarship applicants must complete the MMC admission process and register to qualify for scholarships. Korean War Veterans and MCM scholarship candidates will come through each organization. Interest in scholarship based on financial need must be expressed at the time of the admissions interview, and must be formally requested in writing with proper documentation before registration.
Scholarships will be determined by the MMC Scholarship Committee, which will include representatives of both Myungsung Church and MMC.
Those scholarships that are given before 2021, will be treated by the old scholarship policy. However, a warning letter will not be given if the students don’t fulfill the minimum modular GPA required for the given scholarship(for honours, Modular GPA: 3.67, for others modular GPA-3.0). If the students do not meet responsibilities including GPA, the scholarship for next module will be canceled and the students will be obliged to pay the necessary costs. If the students are unable to pay for the module, they will be enforced to take a break for 1 year and come back if the financial requirement is fulfilled.
Scholarship award process
All scholarship candidates will be informed before registration of the status of their scholarship in written letter. The amount of the scholarship will be deducted from the school bill payable for each module.
|Person in charge||Mrs. Rahel email@example.com||+251-116-39-40-26/53|